08 May 2010

A Beautiful Sight

Pro photojournalist Karl Grobl travels the globe shooting in some of the toughest conditions anywhere. Until recently, Karl was shooting with two Canon 1D Mark II cameras. Below are some of the sexiest images I've seen in a while.


All images Karl Grobl © 2009

Now, I am extremely hard on my Canon 1Ds Mark III. It gets HEAVY use on a daily basis. Or so I thought - until seeing these two cameras.

Well apparently, Karl has just made the switch to Nikon. His reasoning: the cost of replacing his current gear. Which I totally understand is a big factor when buying new equipment. But after seeing these beauties and heard about everything they have been through, I'm a little surprised. I think reliability counts for a lot. Especially when you are making a living taking photos in remote areas without service centers. I hope his new cameras perform as well as his old ones...

Check out Karl's website to see some amazing images.

No comments:

Post a Comment